Thursday, December 3, 2009

How can I launch a homemade skin care line?

I have an idea for a skin care line, and I've heard of others doing very well after starting small. So, what steps do I take to actually do this?





Where are the recipes?


Also, what if I want to use specific active ingredients (e.g., alpha hydroxy or salicylic acid)? How do I get those? What government oversight will I be subject to? FDA? FTC?





Should I consult with a dermatologist and/or aesthetician first? If so, how do I find a good one, and what questions do I need to ask them?





Any tips for getting it into stores?


What else do I need to know?





I know I ask a lot, but I'm excited about my idea. I just don't have the know-how to make it happen. I appreciate any and all constructive advice.How can I launch a homemade skin care line?
hey i also wanna launch my own skin care line in future but im going to university to do a course in it...im sorry i cant help u with all ur asking but iv got this neat site which tell u about ingredients used in cosmetics...





http://www.cosmeticsciencetechnology.com鈥?/a>





i think u should visit a dermotologist to guide u.ask about ingredients and how to manufacture in your home,what apparatus u need saftey,how much etc...





u could either start up from home or open a small lil shop of ur own if..u could also go and suggest your products to the shop and see how things go...





i really wish i could help u more...





maybe u could do a small course involving cosmetic science...





i really wish u the best of luck





=)





http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/for鈥?/a>How can I launch a homemade skin care line?
It seems to me, that after reading success stories of various entrepeneurs, most of them started their businesses with their own recipes, formulas, designs, etc.. You should go on beauty websites that give you simple recipes for face masks, scrubs etc. and add your own twist.





I don't know if you need to get government oversight for a small business, but if you are making claims as to what a product can or cannot do, you probably would need to get FDA approval.





Consulting with a dermatologist and/or aesthetican would be a good idea, because you don't want to combine ingredients that cause an adverse reaction. You really should read up and learn all sorts of skincare terminology so you know what vitamins and products are good for certain skin conditions.





As for getting it into stores, you could try making tiny samples and putting them in popular stores in your area at the checkout counter(with the manager/owner's approval of course). Leave business cards there so that if someone likes the product, they can call and order full-size versions.





But make sure to put the ingredients on the label, because some people(like me) have allergies, and if they are sensitive to a certain ingredient and they try your product without knowing, they will give you very negative publicity.





Taking a class in small business management or beauty from your local library or college/university would probably also be helpful.





I hope I helped you somewhat! If you decide to start your business after all this, then good luck =)
  • celebrity hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    thin skin