Monday, November 30, 2009

What products are best to use for skin care?

I get occasional spots around my mouth and my skin can be quite dry at times, and also greasy (but not majorly) at other times.


I currently use Nivea face wipes but they do not seem to work as I still get random spots. Any suggestions?What products are best to use for skin care?
I have used a lot of skin products oevr the years. Clearasil, Nuetragena, Nivea Visage, etc. Out of all these products the products that I have found to be the most effective are Lush products.





Lush is based in England but has stores in England, Ireland and America. If you are from England, the products are the cheapest and there is more selection. In Ireland there is the same selection but it's pricier (this obviously does not apply to the Belfast chain) and in America there is less of a newer selections but there are many products still sold in America which are discontinued in the UK.





I have combination skin and I get spots below my nose and on my T-Zone. For spots, I find if you use a Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask (costs roughly 拢5 or E6.50, not available in America) that even after the first use your spots are almost invisible as this face mask reduces redness. It contains blueberries, which have anti-oxidants which can clear up your skin. It's expensive, yes, but if you use the right amount (cover your face in a light cover of the mask, if it does not dry into a lilac purple you have used too little and if some parts are still a damp dark purple after five or ten minutes you have used too much) it can last for 2-3 months.





For dry skin I recommend Paradise Regained (拢6, E7.50 I am guessing. Not sure about availability in America). I used it on my legs and it made them very soft. It contains lavender which is very calming and can help reduce skin redness but the smell is unappealing. Still, after an hour the smell dissapates. Once again, expensive byut they last long as you don't need that much.





I reccommend you get a face scrub to use two times every week. That, in Lush, with probably cost 拢8 or E11, and maybe $14. I am not sure what particular product would suit your skin but ask one of the shop assistants and they'll be able to help you. For most scrubs, you only use a penny sized amount of scrub each time so a pot lasts about seven months, probably more. (I don't know. I got a scrub in late March and I'm onot even half way through the pot in late June)





Good luck!





Alice xWhat products are best to use for skin care?
Hayley





Suggest you try the cleansers/toners from Coonobabe. I use their Pepino cleanser followed by the Manzanillo toner for my oily skin. Wash with cleanser, pat dry with cealn towel, then apply toner with cotton pad, and let air dry. This process has kept the oily skin and pimples away. however, in summer I have to repeat this 2-3 times a day for obvious reasons. hope this helps


http://www.coonobabe.com
Hi,





I think generally speaking from what you have pointed out, your skin doesn't appear to be too worse for wear.





Therefore, the odd little friend surfacing on the horizon can be treated with either a spot gel or a spot cream. You could try either Freedom or the range from Clearasil.





When my little friends pay me a visit, they often overstay their welcome, so they require that extra bit of hospitality.





I have to say, Germolene is the ultimate bacteria/spot combator and/or tea tree oil. The only downside to this is that it's quite a strong antiseptic and if misused, it may do your skin more harm than good - redness!!





Try and avoid moisturisers that contain oil. Get into a habit of cleansing and moisturising using oil-free products. I normally use Nitrogen and king of shaves to keep a spot-free and a smooth complexion.





Once you get into a regime, you'll be keeping those little ones at bay!!





Cheers





Red 7
the thing is a product that works wonders on me could have a totally different affect on your skin.my skin is greasy and i get quite alot of blackheads and pimples on my forehead and chin.i use clean and clear quick clear advantage wipes as they contain salicylic acid which is a really good spot fighting ingrediant and also the wipes are hassle free and not time consuming.they also dont dry out your skin
I use St Ives Apricotscrubs and it really helps. I have been using them for about 3-4 years and love them. they help deal with acne and remove oil whilst making skin look and feel healthy even when ur not.


They're really good at exfoliating too, removing dirt and grime.
try the neuragena wave. it a machine with a soap pad and it massages your face while cleaning deeper pores than normal face soap.
Face wipes are rubbish - only any good for when you have no cleanser or cotton wool handy.





Get into a proper skincare routine - cleanse tone and moisturise (according to how your skin feels that day)
Proper skin routine......... exfoliate, cleanse, moisturize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin