Saturday, November 28, 2009

What is proper skin care when pigmented areas after second degree scalds are healing?

Its been a month I got scalds on my arms with boiling water.The skin exposed after blister removal has blackened.New skin has yet to form.What care should I take.I do all my household work,I specially want to know that can I wash dishes with detergents with bare hands.?My hands are also burnt.....what other tips for good recovery?What is proper skin care when pigmented areas after second degree scalds are healing?
I would definitely use soaps and lotions that are fragrance free and void of any products that contain alcohol in one of the first 5 ingredients(usually the first 5 ingredients have a very large percentage in the base of the product). I'd also recommend using gloves while doing dishes or using other household cleaning products,your skin will remain rather fragile for the next 3-4 months... You also need to use caution while in the sun...scar tissue remains ';active'; for about 1 year,which means if you get a sunburn on ';new skin'; or a scar ..what ever color it turns,it will probably stay that color.You also need to be cautious when showering,bathing or doing dishes.coz the water may feel OK on an area not burned and reignite the uncomfortable sensation of the burn ALL over again.You also need to make sure that your skin remains soft and pliable and that your fingers are not developing contracturs,this could be a serious situation and medical attention should be sought.P.S. I'd also steer clear of petroleum based products,they are VERY drying to the new healthy granulating tissue.I'd recommend a lanolin type product.I know alot of people will say Vaseline is recommended for burns....but think about it petrolium...gasoline...VERY VERY drying to the skin especially to the new skin! I take care of burns and other nasty wounds for a living I hope you take my advice,and even if you don't Good Luck ! burns hurt!What is proper skin care when pigmented areas after second degree scalds are healing?
avoid them
KEEP THE AREAS CLEAN,DRY %26amp; ask a doctor what might be a good medicated SKIN cream for further healing %26amp; or restoring correct pigment `'R';r,r`r.r'.
I would never expose injured skin to detergents, always wear gloves. I would not use soap either, get a good plain non soap wash from your chemist.Something like Aqueous Cream which will soothe and cleanse. Wear only cotton against your skin, not wool or anything rough. Keep bare areas out of the sun or wind.


Hope you're soon better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin