Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are there any good books devoted to biracial hair and skin care?

My brother and sister-in-law are adopting a biracial (African American %26amp; Caucasian) baby in December. Since they are both Caucasian, I'm afraid that they will assume that washing his hair daily would be ok, but I know that's not the case.





So, do you know of any good books that would explain how caring for their child's skin and hair will be different than caring for their own?Are there any good books devoted to biracial hair and skin care?
Such as a book I wouldn't know but from personal experience of having my own biracial baby I would tell you not to wash his hair every day. If he is an infant and he gets cradle cap I used to use a small amount of baby oil then the soft baby brush and use circular motions to get rid of the dry skin. When he gets older I would suggest Aloe Vera polishing treatment(Its just aloe liquefied in a convenient bottle). It is clear and you can find it in a beauty supply store. It nourishes the hair but won't leave it greasy. Also tell them to stay away from water based products because this actually will dry the hair out. Good Luck on finding a book! And it's wonderful they are adopting a biracial baby (they are the most beautiful in the world!!
  • bebo skins
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    thin skin