Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Are there any good books devoted to biracial hair and skin care?

My brother and sister-in-law are adopting a biracial (African American %26amp; Caucasian) baby in December. Since they are both Caucasian, I'm afraid that they will assume that washing his hair daily would be ok, but I know that's not the case.





So, do you know of any good books that would explain how caring for their child's skin and hair will be different than caring for their own?Are there any good books devoted to biracial hair and skin care?
I have 2 biracial kids-a boy and girl. My son keeps a very close crew cut and washes his hair daily.. My daughters hair is very long, curly and dry. We wash hers once a week and use a moisturizing leave in conditioner daily. It really depends on the hair as to how you will take care of it. I have used trial and error with my kids to find what works best for their hair type. Skin care is the same as mine. They can burn just as easily as caucasian people so we do use a sunblock. We use lotion when their skin is dry. I commend your brother and his wife for adopting a baby and especially a baby of mixed race. I also commend their families for being accepting. You will all soon learn that biracial children are no different than Caucasian or African American kids. Good Luck!!!Are there any good books devoted to biracial hair and skin care?
sorry, I have no idea!


but good for them, it makes me proud for some reason.





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
thin skin